Tell us what you think: New blog content
Dear WiPS readers,
On the WiPS blog, we do a lot to advertise new positions, profile great women, and discuss how we (sometimes struggle to) work as women in a field that is male-dominated at senior levels. A lot of what we post is very serious stuff, and although it’s critically important to discuss those issues, perhaps we could introduce some new, practical content; specifically, things that could be seen as more day-to-day, “lifestyle” topics for women. A series of starter posts might look like:
- Traveling Light: Planning outfits for week-long trips
- Traveling Light: Carry-ons, toiletries, and the TSA
- Traveling in Comfort: Tips for long-haul flights
- Traveling in Style: The woman’s computer bag/purse
- Style: Dressing for the workplace in planetary science
- Style: Dressing for interviews and talks in planetary science
- Style: Dressing for different professional meetings in planetary science
As women, many of us carry purses, wear makeup, enjoy clothes & shoes, etc., and these aspects of our lives intersect our careers on a daily basis and differentiate us from men. The readership of this blog is broad, and these topics may not appeal to everyone, but many readers are “early career” and might have questions or benefit from some of the knowledge that those of us who’ve been doing this for a while have developed.
Please comment below and let us know if this kind of content is of interest to you. Feel free to suggest topics, too! These posts will strongly encourage feedback from the readership as to what are your favorite tips and tricks or follow-on questions, and hopefully that will lead to content for an ongoing series of posts.